The first post is always the hardest. I have a thousand (okay, maybe like ten) ideas for future posts buzzing around in my head, and the hardest thing to do is just START. But I’m not sure where to start. Should I tell you about myself? Should I dive right in to advice? Am I even qualified to give advice? I guess I should start with the basics.
I’m E. Raised very Catholic, recently found the tarot and meditation, pretends to be way better at yoga than I really am. (I suck at yoga) I kind of found myself in a spiritual dry spell with my faith. I was raised in the Catholic Church, and I actually DON’T resent it! I love Catholicism, and it will always have a special place in my heart and in my spiritual practice. But it has kept me kind of closed off. It’s made me fear anything other than Catholicism, and that isn’t the way I want to live my life. I want to fling open the doors and explore, to see what bits and bobs fit with me, gel with me, and increase my happiness and better myself. I’m in this weird, new place of discovery, and I want to share that journey with you, reader.
I have a few ideas on where I want this blog to go. I want it to be a tool, not only for my own spiritual growth, but for the growth of others. I have a few ideas for weekly posts that I want to start with as a framework.
- Mantra Mondays
- Reflections on meditation, meditation tools, and ways I’ve been growing (or stalling) in my meditation practice.
- Tarot Tuesdays
- A look into my tarot practice. Deck reviews, spreads, card interpretations, etc. I am FAR from an expert on the tarot, but I want to share my journey with it with you! Maybe you can learn a thing or two from me, and I can get lots of good comments and feedback!
- Whatever Wednesdays
- A day for, well, whatever. Hauls, rants, questions, recipes, and all the other junk that bloggers apparently do.
- Stretchy Saturdays
- YOGA. The backbone of everyone’s spirituality, except mine, so far. I want to be better at yoga. I need to improve my practice and make it a part of my day to day life. This is my motivation to actually sit down (or lay down, shavasana for life, y’all) and just plain DO IT.
- Spiritual Sundays
- Duh. Sundays will be my day to post about all things spiritual. Some of these posts might have Catholic or Judaeo-Christian leanings, so if that isn’t your jam, that’s cool. I’ll try to cover that in the first paragraph or so, and if it doesn’t resonate with you feel free to scroll on. But not every week will contain those kinds of things, some may be about crystals or chakras or angels or just plain whatever!
Not every week will contain all of these kinds of posts, (I am in school full time, have mercy) but I’ll do my best to do one or two of them a week. We’ll see how this plan works for now, and after a month I may throw it out completely. I want to start with a framework to kind of organize my thoughts while I get into blogging. Who knows where this will take me in the long run!
Thank you for coming on this journey with me. Sending you all of my love and light,